Friday, December 17, 2010

More Than Just A Box


I'm not a perfect little box
The way that people organize
I'm more than just the basic locks
Blonde, brunette, whatever guise

I'm more than klutzy, more than fun
I'm not just smart and good two shoes
They think I'm good, they call me "hun"
A pretty smile, no bubbly snooze

I have to be all glad and good
So others worry naught for me
If I will stay as others would
I'll stay as others let me be

There's more to me than just a smile
And more than just a friendly wave
Yes, I am human, all the while
Yet I do try to just "behave"

I want to be someone that's new
I need to find just who I am
To learn when "I myself" is true
I must find me within this jam

For I am not a perfect box
And I am more than what I seem
So even if I'm tossed to rocks
I will fulfill my deeper dream

A/N This is just my first...attempt at writing on this subject. I think I'm going to write a few more on this topic, with different titles, styles, et cetera...but I would like to hear your opinions on this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment