Friday, January 6, 2012

Take a Step in Any Direction

I see a shadow moving
Pivoting, deciding
Short in one second
Then long
Everywhere in between

The shadow never decides
His owner never really moves
In the unusual occasion that he moves
He changes his mind
mid step

Two steps forward
Another step back
Every step changes
The destination is different

The shadow is always growing
Learning to take one step
But even when he takes a step
The direction
Is always moving

On a compass wheel
The shadow starts with going north
But his goal
Is changing
As the shadow grows
East by southeast
North by northwest
West

I get impatient with the shadow
Move
Just move
Choose, and keep with it
I can’t interpret
What his movement means

He is growing
I am watching
Hoping his next step
Is directed to me

No comments:

Post a Comment