Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Loud Music


Turning on a song
On the radio
Make it even louder
Loud as it will go

Keep the music playing
So I cannot hear
All the things I'm thinking
Blast it in my ear

Drown away my thoughts
Wipe away my tears
My eyes are flooding over
Using up my fears

Everything is wrong
My heart is torn in two
I need to patch me up
Or all will see right through

I want to keep on fighting
For nothing is alright
Help me understand
Let me see a light

I thought it all meant something
I guess that I was wrong
But still I'll try to help
A friend for far too long

Background Story:
I was really upset over a guy, and I couldn't stop thinking-what did I do wrong? This question kept running through my head, and it was so upsetting to me. I didn't want to think about him anymore. I was upset at myself for thinking about something I didn't want to think about. I turned to my mp3 player, and turned the music up as loud as it would go. I just didn't want to think. I'm not the kind of person to normally be blasting music as loud as it would play, but here I was, doing just that. After having realized what I was doing, I started to think again, but about what I was doing. It made so much more sense to me, after looking back at this experience, as to why teenagers are known for blasting music in their rooms and ignoring their parents. Such is the steryotype presented of all teenagers. However, I felt like blasting music in my room, and ignoring any unlucky trespasser, so I could now relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment